Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm sober!! This is my two cents!!



I have to agree with Mary Jane... I was far too drunk and the blunt didn't really help. Although we did have a good laugh! Seriously though, there is great truth to what Mary Jane said (such a wise soul!), university will challenge you on many different levels.

It takes great courage to stand up for what you believe. I don't mean to scare you, but university will shatter any preconceived notions you have of yourself, it will smash the very foundations of your life and terrify you. However, this is only if you are not secure in your own shoes.

The courage I speak of here needs to come from within, it cannot be "liquid courage"! Trust me! You need to be able to say to yourself, "I know who I am and I won't change for anyone!". I didn't attend university straight out of school. I travelled and worked around the world for a few years in order to answer that question. It took along time to do that too but it was the best thing I have ever done. Be honest, be realistic and be true to yourself, ultimately the only person you have to judge is yourself. If you are secure in who you are, no one and nothing will be able to shake you. You will become the rock that others may break themselves against, but you will remain intact with the knowledge, friends and skills that YOU decide to take away from wherever you study.

Good luck!! Just gone mid-day, off to the pub...

Captain Morgan

2 comments:

Sibz said...

CAPTAIN MORGAN'S MY HERO :D

My goodness! where are you getting these big words from?! I almost dropped my freakin blunt just readin that!

...Oh wait, you're drunk aren't you?You get very deep and stuff when you're drunk,and maybe you puffed a bit more than you passed.

Don't worry buddy,soon enough you'll get the hang of it!

(",)

Anonymous said...

Dude. It is a freaking Wednesday afternoon.

Seriously.

You were hanging on Tuesday. Isn't that enough?

Your poor liver is going to give up and walk out on you.